Medical tourists to Mexico heal in a nation with cutting-edge scientists.
Mexicana Scientist Makes Safety For Medical Tourists: Mata
This year, the American #Botanical Council gave its top #prize to a Mexican woman. Rachel #Mata is a professor emeritus at the National Autonomous University (UNAM).
Mata Essayag works in #pharmacognosy–the study of plants for their #medicinal uses. She’s the first Latin American to win the #Farnsworth Award for Excellence in Botanical Research. Also, she’s only the second woman to receive the prize.
For the last three decades, she has been at the forefront of her field. Her work has led to agrochemical advances and newly created compounds. Researchers make the mixes from traditional medicinal Mexican plants.
Additionally, she has been a fellow of the American Society of Pharmacognosy since 2014. In 2019, the organization dedicated to her a special issue of their Journal of Natural Products. That’s major honor.
Other Mexican women met success on the world stage. Everyone knows Frida Kahlo. Yet they should also know these Mexicanas.
Mexicana Scientist Makes Safety For Medical Tourists: others
– Tessy María #López Goerne was nominated for the Nobel Prize in chemistry. She is the “grandmother” of #nanomedicine. For all her success, we cited her previously.
– Another scientist, Silvia #Torres-Peimbert, described the creation of stars. She was the editor of the Journal of Astronomy and Astrophysics. She was the second woman president of the International Astronomical Union, 2015-2018.
– Senator Rosario #Ibarra de Piedra stays active in her 90+ years. She’s a voice for the underrepresented and mistreated in Mexico.
– #Rosario Castellanos, 20th century poet, overcame her male-dominated culture. She became ambassador to Israel.
– #Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz was a foremost feminist in colonial Mexico. This nun argued with bishops, offended polite society, and generally made a ruckus.
Mexican women continue to improve their world and society worldwide. To heal and save in this progressing country, contact DocTours to arrange all.